One of the more irritating (literally) experiences in life is having a reaction to poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac. More accurately, it’s the oil from these plants that can cause itchy, irritating, and even painful rash and blisters. Unfortunately, these plants are extremely common throughout North America. How can you avoid them?

A key ingredient is knowing what these plants look like. There’s one image attached to this blog post, but a quick search of the internet will help you to be even more aware of what to look out for.

Once you’ve identified it in your own yard, you may want to get rid of it. If you do, it’s probably a good idea to wear gloves, as well as long sleeves and pants. Once you’re done, wash those items immediately to get rid of the oil that causes the reaction. On the topic of removing these plants, it’s important not to burn them, since the resulting smoke can be very hazardous to your health.

error: Content is protected !!